Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thankful for New Friendships

Each month as we complete our monthly OBC training, our team leaders host a graduation party. On that day early we complete a Physical Test showing the vast improvement to each camper. It is always so amazing to watch their faces when they see how much they have grown stronger. That evening is our party. The faces are bright and shiny; hair is fixed and the dress is perfect. We gather as a group of friends now. The process of the past month bonds us and forges our friendships. The room is filled with laughter of the memories of the past; our experiences, our accomplishments, our comedic moments.

I love this time, as each camper shares what the month has meant to them. At the end of the evening, I thank the Lord that He gave me these people to enter into my life. And I thank Him for allowing me to be a part of assisting their goals to be accomplished.

So on this day before Thanksgiving, I am so thankful for my family, extend family and friends. For without these people life truly has no meaning.

Happy Thanksgiving.....

No comments:

Post a Comment