Friday, November 19, 2010

Hello again

It has been a while since I have written. I hate to admit this....but I fell from grace. As I wrote in July I was busy staying active. Then August hit and everything went to the wayside.

We had family deaths, family illnesses and I fell into a depression. I was no longer motivated to exercise, eat right or write. Thank goodness my OBC leader sensed that things were not going good and called to check on me. In a sense that simple phone call changed my life. We spoke and I was totally honest with her about what was going on. And thank the Lord, September a new bootcamp near my home started up. I quickly signed up and challenged myself to pull myself from the deep well of misery I had fallen into. With prayer and encouragement I was back on track.

The first month, I struggled. But I lost a lot of inches. The second month, I lost 7 lbs. And the third month, my thoughts (as expressed on earlier blogs) of becoming an instructor came to be. I am now an instructor in training. And this month I have lost 5 more lbs. to date and more inches. I am now down two dress sizes and one shirt size.

I am happier again and I see hope. It is amazing how exercise can change your outlook. I say "exercise" because those who are thin or at their desired size continue to exercise. They are happy and energetic. I think of one of my fellow instructor. She has always been a runner and has run in races across the country. She plays tennis....single tennis. She has probably always been at the perfect size she is. But she is there every morning at 4:45 am with a smile on her face. She is an inspiration to me. And I find myself drawn to her kind and sweet personality. I am very fortunate that the director and the two lead instructors are so uplifting and positive. Their energy radiates through their encouragement and their leading our new group to their new goals.

As December begins, I am also adventuring into a new career path. I will continue to do the one thing I love, but I wanted to spread my wings and try the "other" career of choice that I have always wondered if I would have preferred more. I am starting an internship a few days a week. I am excited with new body form. fitting in fun clothes and new challenges.

For me, falling off the wagon was devastating but as God promises there is always hope. Thank goodness, He put my OBC director in my path to guide me ever so gently to hope.

And with that said, my blogging will begin again with more variety and hopefully, insight that will help you along your journey to becoming fit and thin.

Til next week....I have class tomorrow and training for my first 5K.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome Back Jan!

    I love you dearly. You inspire and you are so deserving of everything that has come back to you. Thank you for taking my hand and trusting me. Thank you for being an integral member of our OBC Suwanee Team.

    Hurricane

    ReplyDelete