Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Energy Bars

As I am getting healthier and more aware of the calories and fats that I am eating, I am longing to make more foods at home. I recently found this energy bar recipe in Prevention Magazine. I just made them and I would recommend not using as much sugar/honey/brown sugar as recipe. I would use 1/4 cup and substitute this ingredient with Ajave Nectar.

I choose to use dark chocolate instead of the second dried fruit as this gives me that chocolate fix that I sometimes want. Go to this link and see what you think of this recipe; http://recipes.prevention.com/Recipe/raising-the-energy-bar.aspx.

Also for my chocolate "fix"; I will melt dark chocolate and then drop whole walnuts into the chocolate. I remove the covered walnut to wax paper to cool. I then store them in an airtight container in the freezer. When I am longing for just a bite of chocolate, I will eat two of them straight from the freezer. I love the crunch and it slows down my eating so that I enjoy the treat.

I hope you enjoy these tips. I would love to hear your recipes so I can share with readers

No comments:

Post a Comment