Monday, November 22, 2010

Monday morning

I hope that everyone had a great weekend. Mine was busy with classes and then....hoorah....having to shop for a new suit to fit me. Dropped a dress size and needed a new suit for work. It was so wonderful looking for clothes.

This morning after OBC, a group of women met for breakfast. What a wonderful fellowship of new friends. In our conversation we came to the conversation of eating better. I thought I would share with you some of the ideas that were discussed so that you might incorporate them into your daily life.

Instead of using a yogurt with fruit or sugar, try Greek yogurt. It is a different taste and texture. I use the plain one since it has less sugar. In the beginning it was such a different taste from my previous "healthy" sugar yogurts, that I had to add Ajave Nectar to mine. As time has gone on, I no longer use the Ajave. But Ajave is a great staple good for your pantry. It is a natural sweetener that is truly healthy and a better choice than sugar.

We also discussed the use of eggs and vegetables into our breakfast. My new friend and I split a wheat toast, spinach, egg and cheese sandwich. And then added our fruit with it for a complete meal. For variety at home, I will add red, yellow and green peppers to my egg whites with a slice of hard white cheese. I stay away from yellow or soft cheeses.

What you eat today shows up in your workout the next day. For our intense workouts, I have to eat the required protein, vegetables and fruits. If not, I can barely make it through the workout.

I hope these few tips will help you as you evaluate your food plan.

1 comment:

  1. Im loving this Miss Jan!

    Thanks for the tips!

    Coach Hurricane

    ReplyDelete